Weddings at St. Nicholas
Our church has been here for many hundreds of years, so it’s welcomed a lot of happy couples through its door as they start their married lives together, and we’d love St. Nicholas Church to be part of your wedding too.
There can be few places more picturesque than our ancient white church on the hill, overlooking the Worcestershire countryside. Tucked away within a grassy churchyard, dotted with gravestones, and surrounded by an old brick wall, the church and its surrounding provide a fabulous backdrop for your special day. We are located at the end of a short lane, and our neighbours are an old manor house, and a couple of barn conversions, so there’s nothing here to spoil the view.
The interior of the church is also painted white, is light and airy, and will accommodate approximately 100 people in its 19th century box pews. The floor of the aisle is tiled, and the windows are stained glass. Our team of flower arrangers are available if you need help with ideas for decorating the church for your wedding, and our organist will be pleased to play your favourite hymns during the ceremony. If you need guidance choosing, we will be pleased to provide suggestions.
For more intimate weddings, the Barn provides a great venue for a wedding reception. Adjacent to the church and opening into the grassy churchyard, the modernised Barn is ideal for a wedding breakfast for up to 40 people, and ideal for more informal wedding celebrations. We are flexible with your choice of catering (from formal to picnic to pig roast), and happy for small marquees to be placed on the grass outside the Barn.
For larger weddings, you may wish to consider hiring the Barn to provide pre-ceremony drinks for your guests or as a place for the bride to get dressed or put the finishing touches to her ensemble. Our upper room is also available to hire if you need a room to perfect your makeup, and from here you can make a dramatic entrance onto the steps.
Reading of Banns:
If you’ve already made arrangements to get married at a different church, but need your banns read at St. Nicholas, please contact Nick Stephens for paperwork – Tel: 07737 846108, or download the banns form here.
In 2013/2014, the cost of having the banns read at a church other than the one that you are marrying in is £34. That consists of £21 for reading of the banns, and £13 for the banns certificate (which you will need to give to the priest who is marrying you to prove that the banns have been read.)
Legal fees for marrying in the church are set by the Church of England, so will be the same whichever church you choose.
|Legal Fees 2014:|
Why St Nicholas?
- No passing traffic (pedestrian or car)
- Beautiful grounds for photos
- Pretty grade I listed church
- We still have several free slots for weekend weddings this year and
- excellent availability for next year.
Church Hall availability
- You can hire our church hall for very reasonable rates, either to hold a reception after the wedding, or as space to prepare before the ceremony and/or unwind afterwards.
- Brilliant for kids who need safe, traffic free space to run about outdoors
- Nobody peeking through the doors while your party is in progress
Safe private car park
- Always somewhere to park in our private floodlit car park
- Drop off outside hall for less mobile guests
- New lighting along the path from the car park to the hall
- We are happy to work with your preferred start and end times – please call us and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- Half a mile from M5 jn 6
- Easy to find
- Convenient location on the outskirts of Worcester with good road/bus/rail links
- An easy walk to the local hotel and restaurant for guests wishing to stay over.
See our wedding info post for more on getting married in our church.